[Wolves] Kmail, imap and Gmail

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Mon May 19 09:45:29 BST 2008

> Following on from the recent LugRadio heretical statements about the
> one true mail client Kmail I set myself two tasks, one was to mail the
> two Neantherdals on the show for their haenus crime against he one
> true faith and to set up imap.

*sigh*

I successfully set up imap in KMail. That wasn't the problem. The
problem was that I couldn't set up KMail to *send* mail through
GMail's smtp server. Again, I'm quite sure that it's capable of it, I
just couldn't get it to work. Feel free to (a) say that I'm stupid and
therefore that (b) KMail is not a suitable client for stupid people
and Evolution is, if you choose.

sil

--
New Year's Day --