[Wolves] Kmail, imap and Gmail

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Mon May 19 14:01:57 BST 2008

Kevanf1 wrote:
> I think it may be worth pointing out that Kmail is notorious for being
> tempremental when it comes to sending through smtp.  It took me ages
> to work out where I had gone wrong when I couldn't send via Kmail in
> one of my webmail accounts.  I can't rmemeber exactly what I did as I
> went back to using both Yahoo and Gmail via a web interface.  I like
> Kmail I just have no real need to use it at the moment.  Anyway,
> getting back to the sending bit.  I seem to remember you have set up a
> default account and this can be slightly confusing.
>
> Mr C?  Do you remember any more about this?  It was about 4 or 5
> months ago and I asked you at the time.  Trial and error got it sorted
> if I recall..

Yes I remember you having trouble however I've never had trouble with it
and all my mail goes through smtp well I mean theres only two options
anyway smtp or sendmail.

The only problems I've ever had was when Kontact went a bit scewy and
started displaying mail headers yet when you clicked on them there was
nothing there which in turn made every mail in my inbox that I'd clicked
on disappear off the face of the earth leaving what I'd call 'ghost
mails' behind.