[Wolves] This bloke is scary

Peter Evans zen8486 at zen.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 11:15:41 UTC 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008 22:53:37 Alex Willmer wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 22:41 +0000, Andy Wootton wrote:
> > OK, you've convinced me that it's true, but why?

This is something I read a while back.  Sorry, but I can't find the original
source.

When using video-conferencing the image that you see of yourself is often
reversed because that is how we are most used to seeing ourselves - from
looking at our images in a mirror.

This was done to improve the user-comfort levels because people don't see
themselves as how they appear to others.  Many people are quite shocked at
how they appear to others when viewing themselves in photographs.
--
Regards,

Pete Evans