[Wolves] EeePC900

Jamie Taylor j.taylor.1990 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 26 14:10:56 UTC 2008

Dave Morley wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 11:42 +0100, David Goodwin wrote:

>>> Acer Aspire One - 512MB Ram, 8GB SSD I think, bluetooth but only £200
>>> from PC World, runs modified Fedora called and looks great Linpus Linux
>>> Lite. I played with one and really liked it.
>>>

>> Amazon have them for £179.99 with free delivery -
>>
>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-One-Netbook-Seashell/dp/B001BZ923O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1222331081&sr=8-2
>>
>> The Aspire has a 1.6ghz atom CPU. I think the RAM is upgradeable, but
>> I've heard the battery life is not (that) good.
>>

> I get 3-3.5 hours out of it which is pretty similar to the rest :)

The EeePC 901 (300 notes, Atom 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD [Or 12 with
XP]) is meant to be pretty good for battery life, up to just under 8
hours i've heard. I've been tempted by one for Uni, except i'd stick
Xubuntu on it with a custom kernel specifically for the Eee. Only thing
that bothers me is the price, especially considering the price on that
Aspire Onen (But i suppose you get the much bigger SSD, more RAM and a
presumably better battery