[Wolves] Help needed pretty urgently please.

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Tue Sep 30 13:11:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:38:50AM +0100, Kevanf1 wrote:
> I apologise for the rather dramatic nature of the subject line.  It's
> not life and death or anything like that but it is urgent.  Would
> anybody be willing to help out a friend of mine who runs a website
> called 'Black Country Gob'?  It runs on/uses php.nuke and php.bb  I
> have absolutely no experience of these disciplines.  If anybody is
> willing to offer advice or dive in and see what's wrong please contact
> me off list.
>
> Cheers

Hi Kevan,

First I do not have any php nuke experience but  my first question
would be what had changed just before the blank pages occured?

Next I would look at the web server log files for the past day to see
if anyone had tried to break in.  What is the user registration
method?  is there admin moderation of new users.

Can you get/have you got ftp access or control panel access to the
website?

Check the contents of the .htaccess file (I once fell foul of some
rewrite rules which ended up with me re-installing 4 websites!)

HTH

--
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk