[Wolves] Help needed pretty urgently please.

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 13:18:24 UTC 2008

2008/9/30 Ron Wellsted <ron at wellsted.org.uk>:

> Hi Kevan,
>
> First I do not have any php nuke experience but  my first question
> would be what had changed just before the blank pages occured?
>
> Next I would look at the web server log files for the past day to see
> if anyone had tried to break in.  What is the user registration
> method?  is there admin moderation of new users.
>
> Can you get/have you got ftp access or control panel access to the
> website?
>
> Check the contents of the .htaccess file (I once fell foul of some
> rewrite rules which ended up with me re-installing 4 websites!)
>
> HTH
>
> --

Hi Ron.  I'll ask the site owner about any recent changes he may have
made.  I'm pretty sure new members would be moderated but, it's not
always the new ones who can cause trouble :-(  As I've found running
Freecycle groups.

Access... I honestly don't know.  I was asked if I had any experience
in this area and I have zero.  I used to code in html and that's it.
My html is way out of date now and as for the php stuff... not a clue.

Thank you for the help though it does start the ball rolling on
finding out what has gone wrong :-)