[Wolves] Thought for the day

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 11:32:19 UTC 2009

> If a website will not work (Or display properly) in Explorer is that a
> good site or a bad site?
Whiich version of IE? I know some php sessions stuff doesn't work
properly in IE7 - I choose to believe that the browser is at fault,
not the site.

>IMO a website should be accessible to anyone
> regardless of what they use to view it.

I think you just answered your own question there, Mr. Turpin. Really,
it comes down to usage... if the site works in the most commonly used
browsers, and uses widely accepted implementations of web standards,
then it's fine. If the site only works in 50% of the browsers, then I
think there's a problem with the site.

Try reversing the question - if the site ONLY works in internet
explorer - is it a good site or a bad site?

Dont forget that you also need to consider the likes of safari /
chrome / opera, too :p

spline