[Wolves] Which Laptop

Amrik Singh amo005 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 14:48:03 UTC 2009

Hi all and a Very Happy New Year,

I've been reading your posts for a while now but haven't had the time to come along to your meetings. Am hoping to come along to your next one though.

Prior to attending, however I do want to be familiar with Linux in particular Ubuntu. I was wondering if anyone could kindly point me in the direction of a laptop which would run the latest version of Ubuntu with any problems (have tried installing it on my Dell C400 (P3/1.2Gb/512) but failed miserably with it just hanging halfway through the installation).

I dont' want to be spending too much but would like it to do all that fancy 3D stuff.

Thanks

Amo