[Wolves] Which Laptop

John Rose john.aaron.rose at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:01:42 UTC 2009

Hi Amrik,

I use Ubuntu Hardy 8.04.1.I find Intrepid too buggy.That may be why it
refused  to install on your laptop. I run it on a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop:
it ran OK on 0.5 GB memory but I increased it to 2GB as I want to run
openSUSE in a virtual machine. There are some small issues e.g. switching
users more than twice. I don't use Compiz (i.e. 3D, wobbly windows etc) but
it does work OK on the 1501. I use a networked printer (thru the router)
which has to be configured as socket.

Regards,
John