[Wolves] Wolves LUG 10 years old

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Thu Jul 23 10:40:38 UTC 2009

Stephen Parkes wrote:
> 2009/7/21 Adam Sweet <adam at adamsweet.org>:
>

>> archive.org has a snapshot of the old wolves.lug.org.uk website, which
>> states that the first website went live on 29th November 1999 and 2nd
>> December the mailing list started working.
>
> I have a confession to make I created that logo in fireworks (also the
> two logos linuxuk used and one for xinit systems ;) )

Y'know, I always liked that logo so I've saved it from archive.org, and
clumsily edited out the blue background as best as I could, re-attached
the chin as a layer and saved it in the The Gimp .xcf format to give it
some open source credibility should we ever need it again ;) A version
of it lives on, being used on the current website. Nobody ever need know
the dark history :)

>> http://web.archive.org/web/20001204201300/http://www.wolves.lug.org.uk/
>>

>> Would anyone care to point out some key Wolves LUG moments in the last
>> 10 years? People pointing out that they joined in the year 200x doesn't
>> count as a key event or I'd have tried that one :)
>
> This was a key event
> http://web.archive.org/web/20001204202400/www.wolves.lug.org.uk/m1.htm
>
> shame the only photo working is one of my ugly mug messing around with
> a copy of NT4 and a penguin because Lee looked around 12 then ;)

Y'know I probably pored over that website for weeks before I finally
joined the mailing list and started posting. Good old days :)

Ad