[Wolves] Open Science, Open Source Festival

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Jul 24 19:32:30 UTC 2009

2009/7/24 Stephen Parkes <sparkes at westmids.biz>:
> 2009/7/24 Andrew Lewis <andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk>:
>
>> Having a basic skills boot camp could help out new students and a few
>> family events might get younger people and parents involved, too. I'm
>> portraying this as a science-geeky type of event, but I really want to
>> get animators and artists involved - the wider the skills base the
>> better. It's  all about open software, open hardware, and open skills.
>>

>  but these guys might be interested ...

Fuck, Re-Load now has permission to stab me in the face I forgot to
mention Brum2600 ignore the fact they sound all black flag they are a
top bunch of guys with some serious talent on display who are always
up for a bit of playful learning and sharing of skills.

Either chat to Re- about it or pop along the to meeting (next week
unless my dates are off and it's this week the month starting/ending
at the weekend throws out my knowledge of the meeting dates) the next
meeting might be a bit down considering the sad news about Richard but
they are well worth getting in touch and Re- has experience of running
this sort of thing as well.

Another thing for the history of Wolves LUG; jono and myself did a
presentation to students about Linux a month or so before the LUG was
formed.

sparkes

--
Steve 'sparkes' Parkes - blog zx-81.com