[Wolves] Cheap netbook followup

DragonMaster LUG at clews.homelinux.net
Mon Jun 1 12:41:54 UTC 2009

OK, I finally bit the bullet and purchased an Advent 4213.  After failing
miserably to create a windows backup USB stick, and finally getting one
from "The Tech guys" (free obviously), I installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix.

  The developers need to check the automatic install, as it insisted on
created a 2G partition for UNR, so I had to override that, but after
rebooting - Wow! EVERYTHING worked.  I confess to not having tried any
of the other distributions on it, so they are probably as good, but even
so, a most pleasurable experience.

  I even went as far as purchasing a Vodafone Topup & Go modem, and
inserted the sim into the dedicated slot, and even that worked - with NO
hassle.

  Things like this really need to be shouted from the rooftops -
especially when you consider that, as in a previous post, I had been
told that at least half the features wouldn't work.

  Needless to say, I now have no excuse for not handing in my Uni
assignment - I was going to use the old "I was camping in the middle of
a field and nothing worked" one but... ;-)

DM