[Wolves] Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 USB devices disabling Eee PC?

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Thu May 7 01:29:58 UTC 2009

> Thanks Spline. But that's a kludge isn't it? Admittedly a kludge that
> may enable me to make the leap to Ubuntu.
I'd argue it the other way, actually - the xandros way seems to be a
kludge to me. making the applications turn things on and off in the
bios seems silly. giving the user control with a single click seems
more sensible.

> When you install Ubuntu on an
> Eee 1000 does it make sensible suggestions about partitions?
yes, it made the right choices, and you can also do some minor
fiddling afterwards if you wish, by doing things like setting the temp
dir and internet cache to run in a ram disk.

you can also use the app to enable or disable cam/bt/wifi from the
keyboard shortcut of your choice. I much prefer this to having
individual apps decide for me.

> Why ASUS
> didn't just provide a repo and use standard update tools that work is
> beyond me.
I couldn't live with the default install on eee, but i can't complain
about ubuntu at all - everything is working properly, even the
multitouch pad, which is notoriously unusable in windows.

spline