[Wolves] Advent 4213 sound issue on Ubuntu NBR

DragonMaster LUG at clews.homelinux.net
Mon Sep 7 10:54:24 UTC 2009

Hi All,

  I have recently developed an issue with my netbook where the sound has
stopped working correctly.  Suddenly apps like Audacious would produce
nothing but noise, although Movie Player (totem?) still works.  If I go
in and manually change the playback device to OSS I get limitied
functionality on some apps, but not all.

  The only change to my system I am aware of is the installation of VLC
and BBC iPlayer, but I can't see these being the culprit...

  Does anyone have any suggestions?

DM