[Wolves] Linux vs Windows 7

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Mon Sep 7 10:56:24 UTC 2009

Claire wrote:
> The facts, apparently..
>
> http://tinyurl.com/nw2cw2

Okay everyone line up over there with your favourite bricks and bottles
as I'm about to make yet another of my world famous controversial posts.

Lets be honest nobody who writes a 'versus' poll, training manual etc is
going to be kind to the competition after all that's what they are
designed for!

"Don't buy that house its rubbish and here is seven reasons why its
rubbish buy my house instead".

Like it or not as the original poster says the first few points, its has
to be said, are in fact valid I gave up reading the rest as it was
pretty obvious where it was going. It amazes me just how much time we
all waste, lusers that is, reading MS stuff and then getting our
knickers in a twist about what they say, as if they are going to say
anything nice about any form of competition anyway? The fact of the
matter is most readers of that sort of thing are going to be MS users so
they talking pretty much to a converted audience. True they are
conveying a subliminal message that Linux is crap but then that's where
we come in to prove that propaganda false.

Given that I'm a Microsoft partner I've yet to see anything from the
Linux/OpenSource community appear on MS forums and mailing lists even a
"Seven reasons why you should use Arch Linux instead of Windows 7".

I have to say W7 is a pretty good product I've been running the RC
version at home (and work) for some time now MS should do very well on
the 22 October when its released the thing is will that stop me using
Linux? Er No! Will that stop people converting to Linux? Er No! Will W7
take anything away from Linux? Er No so it begs the question "Why are we
bothered"? Given that we are supposedly freedom loving zealots why are
we reading MS's advertising? Do we hate Linux that much that the only
interesting stuff to read comes from the camp of the bald headed
whooping high priest of domination?

So here's a plan, everyone go and join an MS forum or mailing list today
even the Xbox site will do and start posting about Linux when I see on
www.microsoft.com "Have you seen what those bar-stewards at Linux have
written *Why Linux is better*" I'll be a happy man.