[Wolves] Multiple bulletin boards client/coping method

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Fri Sep 25 12:26:53 UTC 2009

Alex Willmer wrote:
> I'm finding myself active on more and more web bulletin boards (phpBB,
> vBulletin etc), and  I can't keep up with them all. When everybody
> used either newsgroups, or email lists then it was easier to keep
> track of these things.
>
> Do you use, or are you aware of a web forum client that can subscribe
> to many boards, like thunderbird or Evolution act can for email?
> Otherwise, do you just visit these web forums in turn or use RSS in
> some way?
>
> I'm not looking to read every thread/post, as I would with an RSS
> reader, just a way to centralise browsing.

Hi Alex
Good question.

I use Tbird here at work for Email and RSS feeds plus Gwibber for all
the Twitter garbage.
Ideally I log most of the 'Planets' via RSS which should in turn pick up
say Dave's, Popey's, yadder yadder wbsites but then I have news stuff
and other places of interest such as Ant pron ;-)

At home its Liferea for RSS, Tbird for mail and again Gwibber for tweets.

I still like Kontact which has integrated mail and rss but have stopped
using it as getting calender and address book in that to sync with
Google is a nightmare.

As a side point if you have multipule micro blogging accounts like I do
such as identica, linkedIN, Jaiku, Twitter, Facebook ect then get
yourself a ping.fm account add all the other accounts to ping.fm  then
tweet, ping, write whatever to ping.fm which will blast your other
accounts all at once then just use Gwibber for reading.

Simple (MeerKat)