[Wolves] Hello and help!

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Apr 7 08:03:44 UTC 2010

On 07/04/10 08:41, Mark Rogers wrote:
> To be honest, I don't know. Don't have an iPod, never used iTunes
> (software or library)! Wish I'd never got involved!
A song sung by many I assure you :-)

> Just so I'm clear, it sounds like managing an iPod is straightforward,
> downloading music from other places is fine, but working with the
> iTunes store is a no-go on Linux?
No, you'll have to make a decision which app you want to 'maintain' your
music library. It goes without saying iTunes gets the hump if you use
anything else to organise the playlists and is incompatible with Linux.

There is a project called aTunes http://www.atunes.org/ however I've
never used it and have no idea if its compatible with the iTunes store
(I doubt it). I have no shame whatsoever and maintain a Windows 7 box at
home which does all my iTunes stuff. As I said back in your first post
I'm not a big fan of managing a music collection from a netbook anyway,
true its just data but even so it fills me with uneasiness. Obviously if
this is their only PC then you have no choice, I would put the iTunes
issue to one side and sort the Netbook OS first use the 'Live USB' see
if they like it then you can worry about their 'Lady Ga ga' music.

HTH