[Wolves] Well, I thought I'd best say hello.

Richard Barker richard.barker at quietwatercourse.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 21:03:31 UTC 2010

Give me a text file config any day, the registry can be a pain in the neck
to work with, and I speak as a support analyst.  The only good thing about
the MS regedit is remote registry editing, I'll admit that that's saved me a
few minutes in the past.

I'll hand MS a few good things when in a domain environment, I'm not an
unreasonable man, but there's too much not to like IMO.  Windows seems to
use Schlemiel's algorithms a bit too much.  For example, why enumerate
everything before deleting it?  Just delete it already!

I use Linux because it doesn't get in my way, it gives me more choice and
the machine does what I tell it to, not what some corporation thinks it
should.

On reflection, the above looks like a bit of a rant, so maybe I should go
and hide in my beer. :-)

http://quietwatercourse.co.uk