[Wolves] Vacancy - Junior PHP

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Jan 20 11:13:45 UTC 2010

Duke Kordus wrote:

I hope this was you? I've snipped the 30 days worth of crud that came with your posts.

>  All Hail Im Sparticus..... I also have my chariot license
> Once you get them into the interview. You then decide whether they can do the job and fit into the team. A good job advert should get the right type of employee.

And IMO this is not a good advert.
Most people with the requisite skill levels as per the job description will not
apply this is for two reasons;
A. The money is pants.
B. As has already been said they clearly want £40K-£50K person for £15K

What they will get is either someone who is desperate for work which would make me
wonder why they was out of work or someone totally unsuitable.

> What is required

Yeah well that goes without saying.

> what would be nice

Yep

> what we will train you on

OK

Having done recruitment and interviewed/employed people over the years I'd say the
following;

*This is what we need*
You must have the bare minimum of these requirements

*What would be nice*
We'd like these additional abilities and of course the remuneration package will
reflect those additional skills but these are not necessarily skills you must have.

*What we will train you on*
For the right candidate we may be in a position to train you on the additional skills.

The thing is even that can be split into two, lets say *You want/need someone with
the bare minimum* then the add falls under the *Bare Minimum* banner.

However as with this position you would be working under/with someone else so
there should be room for training someone up. To me this falls under *What would
be nice* and *What we will train you on* especially given the £15k salary.

TBH I've ripped this add to bits enough (No point in me applying then) I'd like to
see more job adds on Wolves Lug so ignore everything I've said :-)

P.S. For Linux jobs join this list
https://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/linuxjobs