[Wolves] Icinga (Nagios)

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Fri May 14 09:40:42 UTC 2010

Hi All

I've setup up CentOS 5.4 --> Icinga on one of the boxes Adam Sweet gave
me here at work. I stuck CentOS on as I really wanted RHEL 5 (Possibly
6) but have no money :-(

Icinga is a fork of Nagios the network monitoring system allowing you to
monitor internal and external equipment. http://www.icinga.org/

Anyway [Ron] I take it to monitor a remote machine I will need the
remote sites firewall to let me in? Does my firewall need to let them
in? If the answer is yes to my firewall I'm stuffed. :-(

Anyone fancy letting me monitor their machine (for free!) so I can play
some more with Icinga? You may have to install an agent of course.
I'm monitoring one windows box internally at the minute, as you'd expect
I have no idea how to set up remote monitoring for the minute. :-D