[Wolves] Advice Please

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 11:45:08 UTC 2011

On 14/01/11 10:30, Mo Awkati wrote:
> Hiya Guys
>
> I have a client who wants a web site that he is not responsible for but
> is all about his business and
> it gives all his details including his home address. The website does
> not include any other business! I used WHOIS and found out who is the
> domain holder and it happens to be a web hosting company up north.
>
> What is the best way to go about getting them to take it down or at
> least remove his details?
>

> Thanks
>
> Mo
Hi Mo,

First of all the usual disclaimer, IANAL.

It all depends, is  it a case of cyber-squatting or is it a disgruntled
customer/ex-employee/ex-business partner?

If cyber-squatting and it is a .uk domain try contacting the hosting
company or Nominet.  For a .com/.org, try the hosting company, they may
be helpful.

If any of the latter, try contacting the hosting company but it will
probably require the use of a solicitor (under the defamation laws).

If the details are on blog, try contacting the owner of the blog and ask
them to redact the details.  If they are unwilling, escalate the problem
to the hosting company.

- --
Ron Wellsted

It is a co.uk domain, and it sounds like a cyber squatting issues.
I will contact them nicely first!