[Wolves] URL Link colour

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 18:26:27 UTC 2011

On 15/06/11 12:26, Mo Awkati wrote:
> Hi Folk
>
> I am having a problem with a website I am working on. The problem is
> whenever
> I fire the click event on a link it turns red, if I hold the mouse
> button down, it remains
> red. It is very annoying. My client is also experiencing it an not happy
> about it.
>
> I made sure the stylesheet resets everything including a:link and still
> no joy.
>
> Is it a browser issue rather than a coding one?

The colour that a link turns while it is being clicked on with the mouse
("activated") can be changed as follows:

a:active  { color: <whatever> }

The more common web browsers default to red if the setting is not
otherwise changed via a stylesheet.

For more info, see:

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/selector.html#dynamic-pseudo-classes

Note in particular the paragraph which is highlighted in dark red -
styling rules need to be defined in the correct order in order to be
applied as intended.

Regards,

James