[Wolves] OT - Servers

Stephen Welch bigfishinnet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 22:37:04 UTC 2011

HI all.

On 30 November 2011 14:38, Adam Sweet <adam at adamsweet.org> wrote:

> I've used both of these:
>
> http://www.serversplus.com/
>
> http://www.serversdirect.co.uk/

Ive used these too. Serversdirect.co.uk are quite good.  Stuart
Peacock was my contact.  They can also get stuff not listed so for
instance i bought a HP DL 385 G7 top spec and then bought Segate 146
GB 2.5" SAS 15000 rpm and 64 MB cache - I think they were Segate or
Hitachi but they weren't listed on the site big savings over HP discs.

Haggle and they will price match.  Very quick delivery.

If you mention you can get them cheaper at serverplus they will drop
their pants ;-)

> I've also used Supermicro servers from:
>
> http://www.rackservers.com/

Well customer support is interesting.  I had an instance of being
referred to the as the stupid twat in a forwarded email response after
a first time call and question re a RAID driver.  Will never use them
again.

Heads up for

http://www.ict-direct.co.uk

Interesting kit and prices depending on your requirements?

HTH Stephen