[Wolves] Help me test my vegan recipes web-site, please

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 14:20:19 UTC 2012

On 17/07/12 14:45, Stephen Parkes wrote:

> On 17 Jul 2012, at 14:34, Andy D'Arcy Jewell wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If anyone would like to help me test
>> http://www.recipesforvegans.co.uk I'd appreciate it!
>>

> np
>
>> I'm interested in feedback on: * Responsiveness
>
> shit off a shovel, from BT Business Broadband here in the
> midlands.
>
>> * Usability
>
> clean and concise, wait for the new stylesheets and the usability
> errors come pouring in.
>
>> * Functionality (does it work as expected and without errors?)
>
> everything worlds as expected.  I browsed with no problems.  I
> searched for a word, I restricted that search to just the whole
> word (nut in your logs) and I searched for multiple words in both
> any and all mode and everything worked as expected.
>
> One functional usability suggestion.  The ability to search by
> ingredient as often when you are looking for recipes it's what you
> have to hand that you want to search on and indeed Nick Holzheer
> got his latest enterprise fully funded for dot com bubble kind of
> cash and that's pretty much his business plan.  :)
>
> sparkes

Okay so one thing I expected from a recipe site is a basic breakdown
for Starter/Mains/Deserts and then an alphabetical browse under those
categories.

You're missing the Easter egg for beef/lamb/pork/chicken of "Meat!
Meat! we don't need your stinking meat!" :D

As a background a nice menu on a table type image would be cool.  But
I like the plain part for the text it makes it more readable.

Functionality wise everything seems to work

Aesthetically you should have an image for everything it helps people
decide, Honest :)

Last 2 things you might want to think about:
1. An account create so other people can add recipes or a contact us
for them to mail one to you for you to try and add

2. Comments/ratings that way people can say which are great and which
not so that way you can then add a favourite section too (but that
might be for release 2)

- --
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)