[Wolves] Value of software package - php/mysql

Wayne Morris waynelists at machx.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 19:22:06 UTC 2012

Hiya,

I've bodged together a php/mysql database for the company I work for,
basically just a simple setup with pages to update,
and see info on tenants and properties, reporting pages etc etc.
Its only really novelty is in the field that its written for - and that
I can edit it to provide a tailored 'solution'.

its probably taken around 50 hours to throw it together, and i've done
it because it makes my job easier.

Now a similar company has approached my company for a similar set -up,
which i can easily change mine to do and then they'd probably want
support and changes to make it as they want - they want a couple of
other things mine doesn't do yet.

So - what's it worth to an end user, and what do people charge for
'updates' etc.
Do people sell the software or license it? Charge a one off fee for a
years 'use' and extra for changes?

be interested in some real cash figures obviously and case study where
product/aftercare stipulated and paid for.

Cheers