[Wolves] Ubuntu Repo Release (Dave Morley)

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 13:10:39 UTC 2013

Dave,

Thanks for the info.

What's annoying is that Firefox used not to have these bugs. Then they
arrived. Then they were fixed. Then, about 2 months ago, they returned.
Additionally, these bugs really affect the user experience
significantly. Also, I feel that Mozilla & Canonical etc should really
liaise much better so that Canonical know when Mozilla release fixed
versions of Firefox (& Thunderbird etc).

As I understand it, you are a tester for Canonical. So please do not
take (too much) exception to what I am about to say:

I do wonder sometimes if the devs & testers do much testing: IMO devs &
testers should really test that bugs which have regressed do not appear
again after being fixed, particularly when the time period of them
appearing for a second time is within (say) 6 months of them being fixed
the first time. When I was an analyst (in the days before testers were
employed), I would have not have signed off systems testing without
checking this out. When testers were employed, I noticed that (since
they often had very little knowledge of an application) they had no real
idea of what were important functions in a specification. Also, I
certainly didn't have the time or inclination to identify most, more &
less important functions.

--
Regards, John