[Wolves] New member - narchive.com

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Sat Aug 30 20:07:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

We have had a person/organisation subscribe to all the mailing LUG
mailing lists in the past couple of days.  We were subscribed to this
morning.  This has resulted in a flurry of activity on the lugmaster
list as this is being view with some suspicion as the given email
address is xzxo at ml-in.narkive.net.  I have placed him in quarantine
(nomail/mod) until I get some feedback from you, our members.

This would not have popped up on the radar if he had used an address
like wolveslug at ml-in.narckive.net.  What looks like a random string of
chars always looks suspicious.

Apparently, narchive (a usenet archive) is looking into expanding into a
mailing list archive.

As our list archives are publicly accessible so not sure why this is needed.

Thoughts/comments please, unless I get some feedback, I will follow the
other LUGmasters.

--
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk