[Wolves] Happy New Year!!

Claire lug at sitesearcher.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 16:10:18 UTC 2014

On 02/01/14 15:53, Dave wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I know I'm 24 hours late, but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
> One thing is definite, I shall be tagging along to more than one meeting
> this year, that's a promise, especially now all my personal grief has
> all but gone!
>
> I'm about to attempt to do my own cloud server for my own use, and I've
> used Tonido before, so I'm looking at something else like OwnCloud, and
> was wondering if any of the members have installed it, and what's it
> like to set up?
>
> Chat soon....
>
> Dave
>

>          "Message Sent using a Intel Core i5 powered by Linux!"

You'll probably find most distributions have a package for owncloud, so
installing it should be a doddle. I'm involved with Mageia and know we
have one.

It's standard webapp faire really, it needs a database which can be
sqlite3 if you just want to test it without configuring
mysql/postgresql. The admin side of it is simple and 'online' rather
than conf files so if you can manage wordpress then you would manage
owncloud without difficulty.

Give it a try and see if it fits.

Claire