[Wolves] PHP, Website etc work offered

Wayne Morris waynelists at machx.co.uk
Wed May 21 13:44:13 UTC 2014

On 21/05/2014 14:19, David Goodwin wrote:

> "Oi Oi. A mate of a mate works for $BigCo and has loads of time on his
> hands ... I reckon he can knock this out for 50 quid this afternoon -
> mates rates innit. No questions asked. Cushty. Right? "

Send him along lol. I've replied to your email ;-)

> On a more serious note --
>

> 1. The minimum wage is £6/hour? - so at the very least you ought to be
> willing to pay £300+ (if it's 50 hours of work?). That just leaves a
> maximum budget .... (not that anyone knows what changes are required)

Yes, agreed - this isn't a cheap as chips thing, I've done that bit
myself - so hourly rate ok, just need a scope -
it probably needs much more than 50 hours , and this is doable over a
period.
Don't mind spending budget to turn my kitcar minimoke into a lookalike
ferrari, but can't get budget to
buy a new Ferrari.

> 2. Given it's for a business and not a club/charity/school, your company
> should be prepared to pay. Presumably they're going to earn / save
> something from it after all - if not, why would they bother?

Yes, they will - but is usable at the moment, so need result/cost
balance right.

> 3. Additionally they should think about the maintenance of the code -
> who is going to look after it / fix it when it breaks because PHP
> deprecates mysql in 5.6 and so on ... or fix it up when it's
> hacked/defaced because you didn't know how to escape data correctly (or
> whatever).

That could be interesting ;-) Yes, no objection to anyone doing on the
basis of - that page is in php, i can knock it together to provide
unbreakable and future proof in martian, as long as it cost no more than
a fix as it is...

cheers