[Wolves] Colocation

Simon Burke simonb at fatsportsman.eu
Wed Aug 26 10:56:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 at 11:49 Peter Cannon <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:

> On 26/08/15 11:13, Simon Burke wrote:
> > So we're re-jigging the DR side of things at work and need to find
> > somewhere to collocate a few servers. does anyone have any
> > recommendations? Management for some reason have decided they
> > specifically want it to be in the West-Milds/Staffs/Shrop area. Else
> > there's always Bytemark/Rackspace and the likes.
>
> I would have quoted you but I suspect you want a Data Centre environment
> and ours is in Manchester. I can host them here at our offices (Bridgtown,
> Staffs) but we're not set up like that here (Although we could be I
> suppose.)
>
> It's annoying that Google Inbox defaults to top posting...

Any cheers for that offer. Currently I think the powers with the cheque
book are looking at options, or rather said what they want and delegated
scouting for info to me. The initially wanted to use Azure or AWS, but when
we need abut 20+ VM's and with higher specs it gets a bit costly. So
dedicated servers or colocation is the next idea.

We did think of putting a rack in at a customers site, with a leased line,
but do we really want a customer to have physical access to all our (and
other customers) data?

--
Cheers,
Simon.