[Wolves] [SB] how do i get grub to switch to external monitor

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint mark.croft.lug at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:01:52 UTC 2016

the monitor is fine its my 48" LG HDMI tv in the living room and it
works fine with other laptops and old dell desktop etc.

i have tried all combinations of key presses , the manual says fn+f4
which does nothing.
only one i found working is f4 but thats at the point when the machine
is in windows and waiting for password(which i do not have? any
solutions to that?) i need to swap the windows hard drive back into
the machine to play with windows more not sure i will get very far cos
i can't login into it. i think its windows 7 not 100% sure. i will get
back to you on that.

interesting advice on get from the support forums -
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2949038/switching-external-monitor-asap-bios-screen-compaq-cq58-broken-screen.html#17395878

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/switching-to-external-monitor-ASAP-so-i-get-into-BIOS-screen/td-p/5464509