[Wolves] Geeky Christmas Presents

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:11:19 UTC 2018

On 10/12/2018 21:48, Stephen Parkes via Wolves wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 20:02, Adam Sweet via Wolves <
> wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> So, what's your geeky Christmas present and why?
>>

> I have no idea what my pressies are because Santa will bring them :)  but I
> do have an advent calendar that includes bits of a socket set in each
> window which is pretty cool and a deadline to remove the 3d Printer and the
> dozen or so half finished electronics projects from the dining room table
> or those sockets are going to be inserted somewhere painful.
>
> So, while it's cool you're getting into electronics, don't leave about half
> a dozen boxes with half completed projects under the dining room table and
> a couple of top of it along with a half disassembled 3D printer or sitting
> for Christmas Dinner might be a tad less comfortable than planned.  :)

This is entirely likely.

> Steve
>
> PS.
> I've only had 5 NodeLua, 5 digispark attiny boards, a board to control 16
> servos over i2c, 2 mp3 player Arduino modules and a few odds and sods
> delivered in the last few weeks with a couple of TFT screens and 5
> Arduino   pro mini's in the post so I think the lady of the house is being
> a bit unreasonable in suggesting I have developed a problem in ordering
> random shit from China because I have a half baked idea driving home from
> work ;)

Haha bless her, she must love you. I recall you telling me similar
stories when we swapped the alpha server for a pair of 486 laptops about
15 years ago.

> PPS
> I may have also killed 3 Raspberry Pi Zero W's in about 3 months earlier
> this year as well.

I watched a video by Les Pounder (https://bigl.es/) of Linux Voice/Linux
Format, Picademy etc, where he mentioned plugging a Pi into a bench
power supply which and melted a Pi. Did you do something similar?