[Wolves] Geeky Christmas Presents

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Dec 10 21:48:54 UTC 2018

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 20:02, Adam Sweet via Wolves <
wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> So, what's your geeky Christmas present and why?

I have no idea what my pressies are because Santa will bring them :)  but I
do have an advent calendar that includes bits of a socket set in each
window which is pretty cool and a deadline to remove the 3d Printer and the
dozen or so half finished electronics projects from the dining room table
or those sockets are going to be inserted somewhere painful.

So, while it's cool you're getting into electronics, don't leave about half
a dozen boxes with half completed projects under the dining room table and
a couple of top of it along with a half disassembled 3D printer or sitting
for Christmas Dinner might be a tad less comfortable than planned.  :)

Steve

PS.
I've only had 5 NodeLua, 5 digispark attiny boards, a board to control 16
servos over i2c, 2 mp3 player Arduino modules and a few odds and sods
delivered in the last few weeks with a couple of TFT screens and 5
Arduino   pro mini's in the post so I think the lady of the house is being
a bit unreasonable in suggesting I have developed a problem in ordering
random shit from China because I have a half baked idea driving home from
work ;)

PPS
I may have also killed 3 Raspberry Pi Zero W's in about 3 months earlier
this year as well.