[Wolves] Geeky Christmas Presents

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Tue Dec 11 13:47:30 UTC 2018

On 10/12/2018 20:02, Adam Sweet via Wolves wrote:
> At the last LUG meeting I was asking people what geeky Christmas
> presents they're considering, in the hope of finding some inspiration.
>
> I ended up getting a new Raspberry Pi B 3+, along with a kit of
> electronic essentials (breadboard, wires, LEDs etc) and a 37 piece kit
> of sensors in a bid to join the hardware hacking revolution, 6 or 8
> years after everybody else started playing with Arduinos and the
> original Pi.
>
> As I have bored people with at the meetings far too many times, I grow a
> lot of chilli plants and I've always felt like I missed out by not
> knowing much about the basics of electronics or where to start, so now I
> have an interest in basic environment monitoring (temp, humidity,
> moisture, distance etc) and thought I'd use that to play with trying to
> read some sensors and control some simple LEDs and motors. That's then a
> good reason to finally learn how to string some basic python together.
>
> So, what's your geeky Christmas present and why?
>
> Ad

Interestingly I sent the family a list of goodies I'd like from Pimoroni. One is robot thing that notifies you of Twitter (etc.) notifications plus, of course, yet another Pi (You can never have enough Pi's)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode.net
https://mastodon.org.uk/@dick_turpin
https://twitter.com/dick_turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk
https://plus.google.com/100694334141523232451/posts
Podcast: http://tdtrs.co.uk

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."