[Wolves] GDPR compliance

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Mon May 21 13:23:40 UTC 2018

On 21/05/18 14:00, Richard Barker via Wolves wrote:
> This is something I'd like some help clarifying. I've had emails from some
> web sites I use essentially saying "if you don't respond, will assume
> consent". I thought that wasn't good enough under GDPR, and you had to seek
> active consent?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rich.

Hi,
Certainly everything I have seen indicates that it must be an explicit
opt-in (not implicit), nor should it be opt-out.  I am also using the
introduction of the GDPR to clean up the mailing list (remove people who
are no longer interested, etc.)

--
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk