[Wolves] GDPR compliance

Richard Barker rtbarker2004 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 18:05:05 UTC 2018

At work we're as compliant as we know how to be, luckily we only really
deal with other limited companies though. I really feel for anyone that
deals with the general public. I know that some of our international
partners have the attitude "we're not an EU business, so we're doing
nothing." It'll be interesting to watch how that plays out.

One thing that has occurred to me is forums or anywhere that allows private
messages. If two users send private messages gossiping about a third user
and the third user files a GDPR request, are those PM's covered by it?

This whole GDPR thing seems very ripe for the law of unintended
consequences to me.