[Wolves] New toy

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 09:36:04 UTC 2019

On 21/07/2019 16:36, John Alexander via Wolves wrote:
>  Hi Adam , take a look at our Balloon Project and see what sensors you could stick on a small PI or ESP project !!https://shropshirelug.wordpress.com/
>
>     On Friday, 19 July 2019, 17:11:45 BST, Adam Sweet via Wolves <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>
>  On 18/07/2019 22:44, Stephen Welch via Wolves wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 21:04, Stephen Parkes via Wolves
>> <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>>>

>>> it's a sickness
>>>
>>> If I'm not thinking about a couple of projects at once I start thinking
>>> about everything else and end up depressed but I can't finish anything
>>> because I hate endings.
>>
>> One man's sickness is another man's draw full of ESP's.
>>
>> Its's not ended until you've done a LUG talk, remember...
>>
>> Thinking of getting some to build some air quality sensors and then
>> re-build a weather station so its like Micheal Fish on drugs.
>>
>> Thanks for the links as I need to order soon - there is an ecofest
>> event in September I need to get this ready for.
>
> That's an interesting idea, I hadn't though of that. I'd be interested
> to hear how that goes and what kind of sensors you use etc.

I'm not sure if you saw it but I just came across this:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/monitor-air-quality-with-a-raspberry-pi/

Googling similar, there are plenty of articles on doing the same thing
with an esp32, though at least one has a debate about the value of what
some sensors report such as this project here:

https://hackaday.io/project/164694-esp32-air-quality-monitor

With comments here:

https://hackaday.com/2019/04/05/building-an-army-of-esp32-air-quality-sensors/#comment-6074990

and here:

https://hackaday.com/2019/04/05/building-an-army-of-esp32-air-quality-sensors/#comment-6074933

Apparently eTVOC and eCO2 aren't that useful. There are plenty of other
sensors and projects though out there though.

Ad