[Wolves] New toy

John Alexander acontractornow at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 22 11:42:07 UTC 2019

Adam,what facilities does the WLUG have for talks?I know it uses the open areas in most pubs which arnt the best, can we still get occasional access to the HAM radio outfit via Ron's mutual connection?
John A

 another man's draw full of ESP's.>>
>> Its's not ended until you've done a LUG talk, remember...
>>
>> Thinking of getting some to build some air quality sensors and then
>> re-build a weather station so its like Micheal Fish on drugs.
>>
>> Thanks for the links as I need to order soon - there is an ecofest
>> event in September I need to get this ready for.
>
> That's an interesting idea, I hadn't though of that. I'd be interested
> to hear how that goes and what kind of sensors you use etc.

I'm not sure if you saw it but I just came across this:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/monitor-air-quality-with-a-raspberry-pi/

Googling similar, there are plenty of articles on doing the same thing
with an esp32, though at least one has a debate about the value of what
some sensors report such as this project here:

https://hackaday.io/project/164694-esp32-air-quality-monitor

With comments here:

https://hackaday.com/2019/04/05/building-an-army-of-esp32-air-quality-sensors/#comment-6074990

and here:

https://hackaday.com/2019/04/05/building-an-army-of-esp32-air-quality-sensors/#comment-6074933

Apparently eTVOC and eCO2 aren't that useful. There are plenty of other
sensors and projects though out there though.

Ad