[Wolves] LUG State of the Nation Address

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Wed Jun 19 14:07:48 UTC 2019

>      On Monday, 17 June 2019, 16:33:36 BST, Adam Sweet via Wolves <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>
> TL;DR - LUGs are dying, need your help.

With the availability of software such as LibreOffice, Gimp, etc. maybe
we should stop identifying specifically with Linux and focus more on
free & open source software (WolvesFOSS ?). Yes, we know Linux is
technically superior to certain bloated OSes, but does that have any
meaning to the man on the street? They just want to access their emails
(probably via webmail), Facebook, etc.

While we have always been friendly, some people may have been put off by
Linux as it is often seen as too technical and requiring too much expertise.

Just my 2p.

--
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk