[Wolves] FLOSS UK

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 14:50:51 UTC 2019

On 27/06/2019 15:27, Chris Ellis via Wolves wrote:
> Hey you old lot!
>
> FloosUK Summer Conference is on this year in Birmingham, looks like
> they are struggling to spread the word:
> https://twitter.com/flossuk/status/1143147030333857792

I've retweeted their call for papers and request for helping spreading
the word from both my own and the LUG Twitter account.

I went to their BarCamp a couple of years ago and it was enjoyable but
fairly small. Unfortunately they don't seem to be very good at getting
the word out there. I'll forward this on to the LUGmaster list and see
if they'll post it to their own mailing lists.

> Any of you interested:  https://www.flossuk.org/events/summer-2019/

I'd have gone but putting it in the middle of the week and charging £150
for non-members means I'm out. I'm guessing I'm not the target audience.
I could have considered booking the time off to go but my business
partner is away in any case so I'll be holding the fort.

I see you're talking btw :)

Ad