[Wolves] FLOSS UK

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 09:14:30 UTC 2019

On 27/06/2019 23:06, Chris Ellis via Wolves wrote:
> Yeh, been too bad at keeping in touch.  Keep meaning to try and drop by
> some time.

It would be good to catch up if you're ever around, otherwise maybe a
beer in London when I'm down there next.

> Totally agree with your criticisms, their marketing has been pretty poor
> and hit by the GDPR stuff.

To be honest, I hadn't thought about the impact of GDPR but spreading
the word has been a problem for their events in previous years. I wonder
if they've suffered the same wane in interest that LUGs have. As it
happens, without looking I'm not sure what FLOSS UK do.

> Price and timing is definitely an issue to.  I have mixed thoughts since
> I'm speaking at it.
>
> I'm also going to try hard to make OggCamp, they keep scheduling it for the
> same time as the PostgreSQL EU Conf.

Hopefully I'll see you there if I can go.

Good to hear from you.

Ad