[Wolves] Facebook Group

Steven Maddox s.maddox at lantizia.me.uk
Wed Jan 8 17:46:21 UTC 2020

When we relaunched the LUG in August we started with a fresh install, we
went from one list on mailman 2.1...

staffslug at staffslug.org.uk

and started with fresh new lists...

general at lists.staffslug.org.uk
meetings at lists.staffslug.org.uk
trips at lists.staffslug.org.uk

Mostly as we've got some people which have moved away but want to stay
in touch, so they are on general@ but not meetings at .  Then anyone
interested in the currently planned trip away (whatever that is at the
time) can go on the extra trips@ list.

But we've imported the old list too (as well as our even older
lug.org.uk list) so our whole history is viewable in one place on the
HyperKitty archiver/forum style interface...  That was really trivial as
the old Mailman 2.x can give you a giant mbox file for import to other
stuff anyway.

https://lists.staffslug.org.uk/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/staffslug@staffslug.org.uk/

https://lists.staffslug.org.uk/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/staffs@mailman.lug.org.uk/

I'm not sure which way lug.org.uk are going with theirs, I keep in touch
with them though - so it might be worth me asking them. Mailman 3 has a
lot of potential, but if you're not familiar with "Django" then it can
be a bit different at times, and some bits feel a touch unfinished - but
it's getting there.

Steven Maddox
Lantizia