[Wolves] What's Your Linux Machine?

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Sat Mar 7 19:20:58 UTC 2020

> CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H @ 12x 4.1GHz [74.0°C]
> GPU: Intel Corporation UHD Graphics 630 (Mobile)
> NVIDIA Corporation GP106M [GeForce GTX 1060 Mobile] (rev a1)

I'd find the Intel graphics sufficient for my needs ..

Processor looks good though.

> I spend most of my time bouncing between PhpStorm, Chrome, Chromium,
> Firefox, VS Code and the terminal. Preferred terminal tweaks:

For me, it's a mixture of :

  * Thunderbird,
  * Firefox,
  * Chrome,
  * PhpStorm and
  * an xfce terminal (bash)

> * Guake terminal all day long
> * Zsh
> * Oh-my-zsh (solarized dark, powerlevel9k theme with Inconsolata, plugins:
>          git git-extras virtualenv docker docker-compose vagrant

That reminds me of starship.rs

I use oh-my-git ( https://github.com/arialdomartini/oh-my-git ).

I did try starship, but I think I'm too used to oh-my-git ...

> * ddev: https://github.com/drud/ddev

Not come across that before; thanks for the heads up.

David.