[Wolves] Test Video Conference

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:07:51 UTC 2020

On 20/03/2020 12:36, Adam Sweet wrote:
> Just in case anybody has missed it in the other thread, Ron has set up a
> test meeting on the Jitsi servers:
>
> https://meet.jit.si/wolveslug.
>
> As Ron said, he'll leave the meeting running for a few hours.

FWIW, we've had about 6 people at various times today, 3 at any one
time. Jitsi seems a bit flaky to be honest, it seems to mostly work for
some of us some of the time.

Chrome couldn't access my microphone though my webcam worked fine.
Firefox works fine for both for me. Ron was fine with Chromium but not
Firefox and other people had intermittent problems with either sound or
video the resulted in a lot of browser closing and re-opening or rebooting.

Please feel free to join us, if just to test your AV setup. If you have
an audio headset with mic it will probably sound better than using your
built in microphone and speakers.

Does anybody want to try Jami:

https://jami.net/

Ad