[Wolves] Ott installing dvb pci express card

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 17:03:51 UTC 2021

On 08/04/2021 10:16, Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint via Wolves wrote:
> https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/File:6981_4.jpg
> <https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/File:6981_4.jpg>
>
> I found a computer in my garage that will take low profile card tbs 6981..
>

> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TBS-TBS-6981-PCIe-Satellite-TV-Dual-Tuner-Card-/254756399148?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
> <https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TBS-TBS-6981-PCIe-Satellite-TV-Dual-Tuner-Card-/254756399148?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286>
>

> The card seems too need too be connected too power? Correct white socket
> at the top right corner?
>
> Maybe why it can not find any channels cos card has not got enuff power..
> Check this link for
> pic.https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/File:6981_4.jpg
> <https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/File:6981_4.jpg>
>
> I may have adapter somewhere too convert. It came as is from eBay.

Personally I have no idea. The following thread seems to discuss the
same issue:

https://vgx-xl.proboards.com/thread/95/spare-power-connections-6981-install

As one of the responders says, it seems unlikely a DVB tuner would need
additional power but then the connector is presumably there for a
reason. In that thread the guy found the card worked in a different PC
without additional power connected.

I assume you've confirmed your satellite signal is working with another
device and the signal quality just appears poor with this card? Could
you detect any channels at all with this card?

I'm not sure I can help any more than that to be honest. As far as I can
tell you've no way of knowing if the card works at all. Try it in
another PC if you can. You can always take the low profile bracket off
for testing purposes if it won't fit in anything else you have.

Ad