[Wolves] Ott installing dvb pci express card

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 17:15:19 UTC 2021

On 08/04/2021 18:02, Adam Sweet wrote:
> On 08/04/2021 10:16, Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint via Wolves wrote:
>> https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/File:6981_4.jpg
>>
>> I found a computer in my garage that will take low profile card tbs
>> 6981..
>>
>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TBS-TBS-6981-PCIe-Satellite-TV-Dual-Tuner-Card-/254756399148?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
>>
>> The card seems too need too be connected too power? Correct white
>> socket at the top right corner?
>>
>> Maybe why it can not find any channels cos card has not got enuff power..

Supplemental links which may be of use:

https://freetoairamerica.wordpress.com/2014/11/08/do-you-run-one-or-more-tbs-pcie-cards-under-linux-check-your-irqs/

The following hideous monstrosity contains what appears to be the manual
for this card and others by the same manufacturer. You can read the
first few pages, then about halfway down after the download/join links
it says "35 pages left unread, continue reading". If you click that you
can read the rest without signing up.

https://wenku.baidu.com/view/b424726f58fafab069dc023e.html?re=view

Of course you could just sign up if you wanted to download it. I
couldn't find the manual anywhere better. I'm not sure the manual helps,
it doesn't seem to say you need the additional power (makes no mention
of it at all), but the specs of the card could come in useful for the
diagnostic process.

Ad