[Wolves] One of the topics for tonight's LUG meeting

Chris Ellis chris at intrbiz.com
Wed Feb 24 16:22:09 UTC 2021

Hey

> In amongst all the general chit chat this evening can you bring some ideas for a reasonably priced good quality 3d Printer (I know we have discussed this about 6 months ago - but that is nearly a lifetime in IT). I know at least two of you have one.
>
> Prefer is to be A3 sized but guess that will push the price up.

Can talk about it more later, but I'm super happy with the Ender 3 I
got.  However in all honesty I could only recommend it with the
upgrades I put on it, which is not what everyone wants: silent driver
board, bed leveling and decent PTFE bowden tube.

If you want to go for a 220mm x 220mm bed and stay at the budget end,
I'd very much consider a Ender 3 V2 or a Tronxy XY-2 Pro:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Leveling-Printer-Precision-Printing-Installation/dp/B07PMMHN5W/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creality-Upgraded-Motherboard-Carborundum-220x220x250mm/dp/B07FFTHMMN/

If you want a larger bed size of 330mm x 330mm that I'd look at the
Tronxy X5SA Pro, considered that myself when I've been frustrated by
that bed limit.  Especially given the price is pretty good at the
moment:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TRONXY-Aluminum-Installation-Precision-Printing/dp/B07PPFVT64/

Chris