[Wolves] virtual meeting - no audio or video

Adam Sweet adamsweet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 17:19:50 UTC 2021

You can try a Zoom test in your browser here:

https://zoom.us/test

Click on Join from Your Browser when it asks you to open the Zoom app.

Again, not sure what else I can suggest other than try it with a new
Firefox profile, or starting it from the command line and browsing to Jitsi.

You can to tell Firefox to start up with the profile manager with:

firefox --ProfileManager

You can also use Firefox in safe mode (all plugins disabled) with:

firefox --safe-mode

Ad

On 08/07/2021 17:46, aelo13 via Wolves wrote:
> [...]
>> working,
>> which is when I realised it was the browser extension.
>>
>> Has Jitsi or any other video conferencing platform like Zoom, Google
>> Meet or Houseparty ever worked for you in Firefox?
>>
>> Do you have any browser plugins that could affect the ability of
>> audio/video to play or any privacy/security plugins?
>>
>> Could you try starting Firefox using a new user profile (or
>> temporarily
>> create a new Fedora user for testing and remove it afterwards), so
>> that
>> it gets started with the default settings and no plugins, then try
>> accessing Jitsi.
>>
>> You could try starting Firefox from the command line and noting any
>> likely be a bug filed somewhere so I'd be inclined to believe it an
>> issue local to your machine.
>>
>> mousing over your activity/network icon it said that your were
>> inactive
>> and no packets were being sent to/from you which makes me believe it
>> could be plugin related if you're using any.
>>
>> I can't think of much else that could help diagnose the cause. Chris
>> runs our Jitsi instance and he may be able to see something useful
>> when
>> you attempt to join, but equally he may just see a user which isn't
>> sending/receiving any packets.
>>
>> HTH.
>>
>> Ad
>>

>> On 07/07/2021 23:43, aelo13 via Wolves wrote:
>>> Hi fellow earth beings,
>>>
>>> When trying to join  meeting  earlier  today and previous 2 times
>>> have tried I have no audio or video. I have the other participants
>>> as
>>> just  blank box  + intial,  the  speaker icons comes  on  and
>>> moves
>>> as  if  different  people are  talking  (I assume  the works
>>> correctly
>>> but as I cannot here or see anyone?).
>>>
>>> Using Firefox 89 (on Fedora 34)- not a global  sound/vid issue as
>>> plays fine on other sites. Privacy settings to global block
>>> audio/video
>>> with  relevant  site exceptions -  when in meeting icons on tab say
>>> that permissions for this site are to allow audio + video and  to
>>> use
>>> microphone but block camera. Same set up as previously  when it
>>> worked
>>> fine.
>>> I think I have used zoom once (through app) and it did work but  as
>>> not something I do often I cannot be sure if this was before or
>>> after
>>> other platform stopped working.
>>> Fairly certain this is a Firefox issue as I think it was a version
>>> update that broke it.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a solution. I have tried internet search and get
>>> some
>>> people with similar issues but no helpful solutions.
>>>
>>> SF
>>>
>>> P.s Suggesting I use a different browser is not classed as a
>>> helpful
>>> solution (I do not wish to install something else just to get this