[Wolves] Kubernetes

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 17:46:49 UTC 2021

Hi,

I thought I would have a play with microk8s on a home pc.
Suffice to say I have got nowhere fast.
The initial install looked ok, but it failed to start the process that
listens on port 16443. I fixed that with the command:
microk8s disable ha-cluster

Now it is complaining of disk problems. I.e. overlayfs not working.
I have so far narrowed this down to overlayfs not being compatible with btrfs.
Does anyone have any clues with regards to making microk8s play nicely
with btrfs?

It looks like containerd supports btrfs as it has a btrfs folder, but
I cannot find any documentation that explains how to get it working.

I am pleased that kubernetes is using just containerd now, instead of
all of docker. So, at least kubernetes is getting a little less
complex over time.

Any help would be welcome.

Kind Regards

James