[Wolves] Kubernetes

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 11:15:35 UTC 2021

Hi.

After further investigations.
microk8s version 1.20.2  is not compatible with btrfs.
My problem is btrfs specific:
30>1 2021-03-14T10:03:03.965578+00:00 thread microk8s.daemon-kubelet
33517 - -  F0314 10:03:03.965459   33517 kubelet.go:1350] Failed to
start ContainerManager failed to get rootfs info: failed to get device
for dir "/var/snap/microk8s/common/var/lib/kubelet": could not find
device with major: 0, minor: 29 in cached partitions map

Essentially, btrfs reports fs device major/minor number differently
from say ext4, and thus is not appearing in /proc/X/mountinfo
So, kubelet cannot find the mount point for a btrfs mount.

So, my advice to people is don't use btrfs with kubernetes for now.

Kind Regards

James